FRANKLIN, Ind. (WISH) – A cyberattack on Johnson Memorial Health in Franklin shut down its computer network on Saturday, the hospital said in a statement.
Cyber security experts and local police are investigating the attack, the hospital said.
Despite the network shutdown, Johnson said most of his departments remain unaffected and patients should still arrive for scheduled appointments unless otherwise specified.
Today, October 2, Johnson Memorial Health learned that he had been the victim of a cyberattack. As a result of this attack, JMH’s computer network was disabled. We are currently working closely with our expert cybersecurity partners and law enforcement to investigate this attack and restore normal IT operations as quickly as possible. As we work quickly to resolve the impact of the cyber attack, we recognize that these situations may take time to resolve completely. JMH is ready to continue providing exceptional care to the community without access to computer records. As part of this commitment to ensuring the ability to serve the community, Johnson Memorial has established processes that keep it functioning in this situation, and most of JMH’s services remain unaffected. Patients should attend scheduled appointments unless otherwise specified. Questions regarding appointments or treatment plans should be directed to your health care provider. The threat of a cyberattack is a nationwide issue that, sadly, has plagued other hospitals here in Indiana and across the country. JMH has invested heavily in cybersecurity and we remain vigilant. We remain committed to continuing to provide exceptional care to our communities and will provide additional updates as appropriate.
Johnson Memorial Health